We are going to start decommissioning the site including:
- plug and abandon the two existing wells
- remove the remaining equipment and infrastructure
- return the site to its previous state (primarily agricultural land)
We will need to agree the detail of the restoration scheme with the landowners, East Riding of Yorkshire Council and the Environment Agency.
We expect the site to be fully decommissioned by the end of 2019. The plugging of the wells should be completed during 2018 with the land restoration work being undertaken during 2019.
In December 2017 we started some preparatory works where we will partially plug one of the wells using a workover rig. This should be completed by April 2018.
Envisaged Scope of Site Restoration:
- Restoration of the Wellhead Site to agriculture (including removal of drainage and imported aggregate)
- Restoration of the road to the Wellhead Site to agriculture (including removal of drainage and imported aggregate)
- Removal of the Gypsy Race Bridge
- Removal of the former Control Building and any remaining equipment on the existing site, including all below ground services
- Restoration of the existing site and the site extension (including removal of secondary access)
- Plugging and safe abandonment of the two existing wells
- Treatment of existing access onto the public highway – to be agreed with ERYC Highways
- Maintenance of restored land for 5 years