Centrica Storage Limited has sought to acquire the interests needed for the project by agreement with the relevant landowners. However, this has not been possible in all cases.
The original Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) confirmed in April 2008 did not include all of the interests required and omitted:
- rights that are required for the drilling and completion of the new boreholes and installation of monitoring equipment, as part of the maintenance of existing boreholes;
- a clear definition of the rights required for the pipeline; and
- rights to store gas beneath Rudston Road.
As a result it is necessary to promote a supplementary CPO to enable the project to be fully implemented.
Below are links to documents associated with the CPO that have now been filed.
- Final Form CPO Plan 1 of 2 – 1 October 2010
- Final Form CPO Plan 2 of 2 – 1 October 2010
- Final Form Supplemental CPO – 4 October 2010
- Final Form Statement of Reasons – 4 October 2010
Any objection to the order must be made in writing to the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Area A, 3rd Floor, 3 Whitehall Place, London SW1A 2AW (marked for the attention of Robert Pridham, Manager, Onshore Power Consents) before 29 October 2010 and should state the title of the order, the grounds of objection and the objector”s address and interests in the land.