Privacy and cookies
- Centrica Storage Limited and your personal data
For this website, centrica-sl.co.uk, the data controller is Centrica Storage Limited.
This notice explains your statutory rights and how we collect and use your personal data. It describes the processing activities that are carried out by Centrica in relation to this website, the purposes for which these activities are performed and the legal bases that we rely upon for these processing activities.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time to ensure it is always up to date and accurate. Any changes we may make to our privacy notice will be posted on this page, and we will communicate any significant changes to you where possible.
You can contact Centrica’s data protection officer by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Centrica Plc, Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 5GD.
You can also contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal data we collect
2.1 – Here we set out the details of the types of personal data we collect.
We subsequently set out what we use the data for:
- Your contact details: information that allows us to contact you directly such as your name, email address, telephone number and address
- Communication you have with us: information about any communication you have with us
- How you use mobile applications and websites: we collect information about the pages you look at and how you use them.
- Device and machine information: information about the computer hardware and software on your computers and smartphones that is used to connect or communicate with us.
- Exercising your rights: if you exercise any of your statutory rights under data protection law, we will keep a record of this and how we respond.
- Responses to surveys and competitions: including records of any surveys you respond to or your entry into any competitions we run.
2.2 – What we use your personal data for and why
Where we process your personal data because we have a legitimate interest to.
- We process these items of your personal data because we have a legitimate interest to do so. We process the following categories of personal data, including:
|Reason or purpose||Personal data used|
|Provide you with the content you have requested||Your contact details
Communications you have with us
|Analyse performance of webpages and provide relevant content to you||Your contact details
How you use mobile applications and websites
Device and machine information
|Staff training||All personal information we collect|
|For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims||All personal information we collect|
|Maintain accuracy and relevance of your data||All personal information we collect|
Where we process your personal data so you can’t be identified any more
- We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal data we hold (so that it does not identify you). We may use anonymised and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site, apps and developing new products and services.
2.3 – Sources we collect your personal data from
We will collect personal data from a number of sources. These include:
- Directly from you: when you visit or submit information via our website, exercise your statutory rights, contact us by phone, email or communicate with us directly in some other way.
- Our website: we collect information about how you use them and any smart devices you connect to them.
- Other companies we work with: provide us with information to help us deliver our products and services to you. These include companies in the same group of companies as us.
2.4 – Who we share your personal data with
We share personal data with the following categories of third parties
|Companies in the same group of companies as us||Centrica plc|
|Companies that help us run our business, support our IT infrastructure and to further understand our customers||Twitter
2.5 – Transferring your personal data internationally
Centrica Storage is part of a global organisation and in common with other organisations, we use third parties located in other countries to help us run our business. As a result, personal data may be transferred outside the countries where we and our customers are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and to countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal data. We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of personal data outside the EEA are done lawfully. Where we transfer personal data outside of the EEA to a country not determined by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, the transfers will be under an agreement which covers the requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EEA, such as the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses.
2.6 – How long we keep personal data for
We will keep your personal data for as long as necessary in order to achieve the processing purposes.
2.7 – Your rights in relation to your personal data
You may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- the right to be informed about the personal data we collect, how your personal data is being used, and from whom we collect your personal data when we obtain it from other sources;
- the right to access the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal data in some circumstances;
- the right to request that we port elements of your data either to you or another service provider;
- the right to object to us processing your personal data (where we do so only because you have consented, or because we are using automated means to make decisions that affect you); and
- the right to withdraw your consent.
You only have the benefits of some of the above rights in limited circumstances, which depend on the legal reason why we collected your personal data.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us using the details below.
2.8 – Getting in touch
If you have any privacy-related questions or comments, please contact Centrica’s data protection officer by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Centrica Plc, Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 5GD.
You can also contact our data protection officer at email@example.com.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data, you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.